PDA

View Full Version : HP hose swivel

danbee999@hotmail.com
21-10-2006, 13:15
Hi all,

On my old set of regs the swivel on the HP hose is leaking. Is it possible to change the O ring myself? or do i have to take it into to my LDS.

If i can change it, how? i am quite good with tools!

The Regs are not going to be used until next year when ill get them serviced, however its a good console that I could put to use.

Thanks in advance

Dan

Tim Digger
21-10-2006, 20:11
Hi Dan,
I assume from your post you mean the swivel at the end of the HP hose where it enters the console. This is pretty straightforward! Take the SPG out of the rubber housing (how varies by type but usually appropriate Brute force), then unscrew the connectors (2 adjustable spanners needed) , there should be inside a double ended spindle thingy with 2 very small Orings on it. It is likely that one or both of these have perished and there may be remnants in the conectors some sort of BLUNT hook can fish them out, you may only see the grove where they should be! You need the correct size Oring it may be difficult if you don't have an example but it is pretty standard swivel Oring. Clean off gung fit new Orings reassemble check under pressure with conection under water.

Maybe ask service to do it if not sure.
regards Tim Digger

steve henshaw
23-10-2006, 15:38
just buy the new swivel pin it comes complete.

as those tiny O rings can be a problem.

max price for pin with orings fitted 3.00

steve h:D

Tim Digger
23-10-2006, 18:04
Swivel Pin of course, knew it had a name.
Tim Digger

steve henshaw
24-10-2006, 08:40
Swivel Pin of course, knew it had a name.
Tim Digger

tim funny that when i replied i had one in my hand and could not remeber the name DOH!:o

steve h:D